Thursday, March 20, 2008

GIS for sustainable development

Finally I moved and my home internet connection is working again... so from now I will be active again in this blog. :-)
In one of my breaks of internet surfing I found this website: http://www.esri.com/industries/sustainable_dev/index.html

So... reading from the website people understand that esri is helping developing countries and in their processes and projects. I don't really want to put the attention on the helping or on the projects... but I would like to read somewhere that an open source software (GIS maybe) is used for projects in developing countries.
Maybe this is still true but do open source projects have websites dedicated on developing countries? In my opinion open source and free softwares have to be used for projects in developing countries... and hopefully used by people there... but this will be the next step.

No comments: