Thursday, February 21, 2008

About me...

First of all great thanks to my best friend Moovida who helped me to open this blog... and being honest... to choose the funny name of it.
Just a few details on who I actually am.

I grew up in a very small village (maximum 100 people) in the northern part of Italy, near the Garda Lake, a beautiful place to grow up, not so much to find something interesting for work. Since I was a child I had a passion for Africa... passion handed to me from my uncle that lives and work in Africa as a religious. I have ever thought that I could do something for helping people in the developing countries and so I decided to become and engineer. Maybe not the easiest way to do that! :-)

In 2004 I was gone to Kinshasa for more than one month. The things there are very different from how a person could imagine. At a first moment I wanted to stay there to help those people growing up and surviving, but after a billion of thoughts and conversations, I realized that for help those people I have to start from the others in the so called “first world”.
So I decided to come back to Italy and start to make something that could change the world... and met a person (my best friend) who agreed with me about the possibility to show the people that there could be a different way to live, work and manage a company taking in account of the OTHERS.
Now I am an engineer and the administrator of a small company situated in Bolzano (Italy) that calls HydroloGIS.

HydroloGIS is not simply a company, it is a different way to live and to work, it is doing something with particular regard to quality of the work, safety, environmental processes, environmental protection and at first to the person.
In the vision of collaboration and sharing of information, thinking at how we could help people in the developing countries, we decided to develop and use only open source software and to put our experience and our knowledge to make some projects in Africa.

Since 2005 I worked in that direction, maybe sometimes I lost the right way due to the very high level of efforts that a small company with an ethic and with respect to the people and to the world have to make to survive. As I wrote before, maybe this wasn't the easiest way to change the world, but in these last two months I realized that this is the right way... :-)
And that I will tell you in an other post, when I will have more informations... Hope so!

No comments: